Try Connie’s Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes for a great Thanksgiving side! Quick, simple recipe… amazing flavor!
What you need:
5 lbs of potatoes, peeled and quartered
2 egg whites, slightly beaten
8 oz. cream cheese at room temperature
½ cup heavy whipping cream
½ cup sour cream
1 cube of butter, cut into chunks
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon garlic granules
How to assemble:
- Boil potatoes in salted water until tender with a fork is inserted in them
- Drain the water off the potatoes
- Use a heavy mixer to fluff the potatoes
- Add butter, cream cheese, salt, pepper and garlic and continue mixing
- Add cream, sour cream and continue mixing
- Add beaten egg whites and mix until potatoes are creamy
- Spoon potatoes into a baking dish or a crock pot liner which has been sprayed with PAM
- Cover and refrigerate until time to heat for serving.
3 ½ hours prior to serving insert crock pot liner in crock pot and set temperature to “Low”
45 minutes before serving, place covered baking dish of potatoes in a preheated oven and bake at 350◦
Serve uncovered with a slab of butter melting in the center of the potatoes.
For variety you can add cheese, chives, dried onion flakes, roasted garlic, and more!
Get The Complete Cook Book @ GayleWigglesworth.com